Start a new topic
Solved

Flat catalog

Hi,

We have installed searchanise in our webshop, we have 16000+ products, and when we disable flat catalog it becomes horribly slow. Does the plugin work with flat catalog or doesnt it reindex?

Dear Arjan,

Thank you for your message.

According to our system requirements, the Use Flat Catalog Product and Use Flat Catalog Category settings should be disabled for the proper Searchanise work. Please disable them, click the Force re-indexation button on the settings page of the Searchanise extension and check the issue again.

Thank you.

Hi Mariya,

I'm not talking about the plugin you provide. Our website become incredibly slow when I disable Flat Catalog, because of the amount of products and attributes.

So, will it keep working with it enabled?

Dear Arjan, 

Thank you for the reply.

Searchanise could work if these options are activated, however we cannot guarantee its stable operation. As far as we know, there could be issues with the search results. Some products could not be shown at all if the Use Flat Catalog Product and Use Flat Catalog Category settings are activated. That is why we recommend our customers not to use these options. 

Thank you.

Hi,

I'm glad to tell you that we've fixed the problem. The latest version of Searchanise works properly with the Flat Catalog settings.

Login or Signup to post a comment