Start a new topic

Conflict with "Better store Search"

Hi

I have installed Searchanise and disconnected search result widget because I have Better store search and still want to use that. I just want to use the instant search widget. 

But after the installation of searchanise the Better Store search does not work properly anymore.  

I have also disconnected full text search under system --> konfiguration --> searchanise.

Can you help me?

Hi Martin

We are sorry to hear that you experience this problem.

We'll consult with our software architects regarding this issue and we'll contact you at the first opportunity.

Thank you.

Dear Martin,

Thank you for your time and patience.

The Better Store search and Searchanise extensions have identical functionality. It means that they override similar Magento functions and that is why they may be incompatible.

Thank you.

Thank you for the fast respons!! 

It seems like the Magento default store is connected if I disconnect the searchanise full text search. It is possible that the code tell to look for magento default when I disconnect searchanise? It doesn't go back to better store search in my case.

Dear Martin,

Thank you for your reply.

In this case you can disable Searchanise on the search results page:

https://help.searchanise.com/support/solutions/articles/1000046279-make-searchanise-work-with-an-incompatible-extension-1-1-5-

Please check it.

Thank you.

Login or Signup to post a comment