Start a new topic

testing searchanise

Hi,

the searchanise team were able to assist us a couple of months ago and we hope they can do the same again.

We are making further additional custom modifications to our cs cart installation and before we go live, we will need to test searchanise on the development server.

We hope to go live in the next 30 days.

The development server is http://*******.*****.**/

We are hoping you can increase our licence, to cover this URL during that period, so we can test searchanise on the development server.

It is only for a temporary period of time.

Thanks,

John

Hi John

Thank you for contacting Searchanise.

Please install Searchanise on your development server and let us know your new API key. We'll activate 30 days test subscription for your test installation.

Thank you.

Hi Arina,
              searchanise is installed on the development server, we made a copy of our live site and as such the API key is the same as our live server (8t8w4t3a9R)  Will you be able to use the temporary dual licence with the same API key on the live server and on the development server?

John

Hi John

Each store installation using Searchanise should have unique API keys otherwise the catalog data will be mixed up.

It is necessary to re-generate the new API-keys in one installation and re-index the catalog in your live store. Please take the steps:

1. Remove the API-keys information from your development store. Please execute the following SQL query in the database of your store:

TRUNCATE TABLE searchanise_config

2. Log in to the admin panel of this store, Searchanise extension will generate new API-keys for this store automatically. Please let us know these new API keys so we can enable the test subscription for your development server.

3. Click the Force re-indexation button in the Searchanise control panel (Catalog > Searchanise) in admin panel of your live store to avoid problems with the search in your live store.

Thank you.

Hi Arina,
            we will do that for you soon and provide you with the information you need.

This solution does make a new question though...

I fully understand why we have to change the API key on the development server, but if we do this, what will happen when we make the final transfer back to our live server?

I assume that the temporary API key will be transferred too.

Our API key for the current live website will be lost and will have to be re-generated I assume.

If this happens, will be lose all our statistics?

Is it only possible to re-generate a random API key rather than manually input the correct API key?

Perhaps it is possible that on the final day of the upgrade, we will transfer the website back to the live server, it will have the incorrect (temporary) API key, we can then re-generate a new API for the live site, and we can contact you to give you this information and you can modify our account with the new information and hopefully we will not lose any searchanise statistics by doing it this way.

John

Hello John.

We will consult with our developers regarding your questions and contact you as soon as we get answer from them.

Thank you.

Hello John.

The statistics is linked with the API key. I am afraid that it is hardly possible to transfer the statistics from one API key to another one.

> Is it only possible to re-generate a random API key rather than manually input the correct API key?

The data with the keys generated for the store installation is stored in the [db_prefix]_se_settings table of the database, where [db_prefix] is the prefix of the tables in your store database. You can transfer the table data from one store installation to another one to keep the same API keys. In this case the statistics and all related data will not be lost.

Thank you.

Hi, please note that the new API key for our development server on http://*******.******.**/  is   6K2i5i9w5Z

Please enable the test subscription for our development server.

Thanks,
           John

Hi, John!

Unfortunately, your last message was skipped by mistake. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Please let us know if you still need any assistance regarding this matter.

Thank you.

Login or Signup to post a comment