Start a new topic

How to show categories in the instant search widget?

I'm developing Searchanise integration in Odoo, an ERP+ecommerce software.

I want the instant search widget to show the categories as visible here:

I couldn't find anything in the developer docs as to how / what should I upload when synchronizing in order to show categories in the instant search widget

Hi Leonardo

We will consult with our developers regarding your question and contact you as soon as we get any information from them.

Thank you.

Dear Leonardo,

Thank you for your time and patience.

XML API version which is described in our documentation ( http://docs.searchanise.com/ ) does not support export for category and pages search.

Thank you.

So I have no way to show categories? Is this feature restricted to the official searchanise modules for Magento, Shopify etc? That would be really disappointing, categories in the instant search widget was one of the features that made us opt for Searchanise.

Dear Leonardo

We will consult with our developers regarding your question and contact you as soon as we get any information from them. 

Thank you. 

Dear Leonardo,

Thank you for your time and patience.

Unfortunately, we do not have documentation for JSON API which is used in extensions for Magento and CS-Cart. If you examine how the Searchanise extension works in Magento or CS-Cart, you will have an ability to export categories.

Thank you.

Login or Signup to post a comment