Start a new topic

search giving strange results

Hi. on my site www.prancharia.com.br i have surfboards.. ('prancha de surf' , in portuguese).

If i start typing 'prancha de sur' it shows me the surfboards allright.... but if i complete the word SURF ( so, prancha de surf) it gives something else instead...

CAn you shed a bit of light please?

you can se both secenarios on the screenshots attached.

png
png
(973 KB)

Hello Roberto.

We will consult with our developers regarding your question and will contact you as soon as we get answer from them.

Thank you.

Hello Roberto.

Thank you for your time and patience.

As we can see, instant search widget works properly as search results contain the Prancha de surf text in the title. However, we recommend you to use the Promotions feature. You can trigger a certain product to appear first in the search results when particular keywords are typed in the search box. For example, you can add Prancha de surf for the desired products, and they will appear higher in the search results.

Thank you.

Hi, sorry but the question was ...Why when i type only part of the search word it show relevant results, and when I type the full word it gives something completelly diferent.?

SO if i start typying an incomplete word it gives a result but when completing a word it doesnt..is it how the system is supposed to work?

Hello Roberto.

Yes, it is a normal behavior. You can use the Promotions feature to change the product position in the search results.

Thank you.

Login or Signup to post a comment