Start a new topic

Disabling search widget app

Hello, I would like to know how can I disable the app if it's possible when I am using development theme so that while in development the app still function separate to the live Shopify Store.

Thanks!

Hello.

As we understand you have a separate development store where Searchanise is installed. We can provide a test plan. If a Searchanise Pro subscriber has a development store where Searchanise should be installed, he/she should install the Searchanise extension, provide us with the API key from the development store in a separate ticket and we will create a test plan for the appropriate search engine.

Thank you.

Hi Alex. I want to clarify that what I wanna do here is to disable the Searchanise App in our development theme (what i mean here is a theme duplicated from the live store. which is basically a child theme). While in the live store the app works as it is. Sorry for confusing you.

Thanks

We are asking on how to disable temporarily the function of searchchanise while we update a shopify theme, while it still working on the live site. Is it possible to do that?

Hello,

Unfortunately, it is impossible to disable Searchanise for a specific theme. You can only disable Searchanise for the whole store. Sorry for any possible inconvenience it may cause to you.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for the response. If I disable the app it would affect the live store also right? I want this to be clear for me because I'm afraid it would also affect UX. Can I disable the app then enable it again real quick?

Thanks

Hi,

Yes, if you disable the app, it will be disabled in the live store as well. Sure, you can disable it and then enable it back.

Thank you.

Login or Signup to post a comment