Start a new topic

Indexing in Magento

Hi,

I've just installed the plugin and started the free trial. Your search feature is great and I'd really like to use it, however I have a big issue with it: in our magento website, products are imported dinamically from an external server through magento api. The script runs every 5 seconds to update the catalog with the new products. Because of the huge amount of data imported, we set magento indexing from 'update on save' to manually update', so we can run the indexing only twice a day instead of every 5 seconds (which was stalling our server). But, if I understood correctly, your plugin would index every catalog update, which means every 5 seconds (again), which our server cannot support. So my questions are:

- How exactly indexing work with your plugin?

- I saw a 'force manual index' button among the setting, does this mean that the plugin ASKS to index but it doesn't do it unless I click on that index-button? (if so, that would solve my problem, as I could import all new product and click on the button at the end of the day when the other script has finished importing)

- If there is an automatic indexing (in addition to the force manual indexing button), is there a way to schedule the indexing to run only once a day or so?

Thanks

Hello.

Thank you for contacting us.

- How exactly indexing work with your plugin?

Indexation in Magento is performed once the product catalog is changed. 

- I saw a 'force manual index' button among the setting, does this mean that the plugin ASKS to index but it doesn't do it unless I click on that index-button? (if so, that would solve my problem, as I could import all new product and click on the button at the end of the day when the other script has finished importing)

No, this button immediately starts the full re-indexation process.

- If there is an automatic indexing (in addition to the force manual indexing button), is there a way to schedule the indexing to run only once a day or so?

We will consult with our developers regarding your request and will let you know the result.

Thank you.

Hi!

> If there is an automatic indexing (in addition to the force manual indexing button), is there a way to schedule the indexing to run only once a day or so?

Our engineers can make the modification for your store so synchronization on the product update is disabled and the full re-indexation runs once a day. In order to apply this modification, we'll need to know FTP access information for your server. Please create a plain text file on your local computer and fill it with your FTP hostname, username, password and the access to your admin panel. Then reply to this e-mail with attaching your file. Also please let us know the preferable time of the full re-indexation.

Thank you.

Login or Signup to post a comment