Start a new topic

Clear out suggestion dictonary

Hi - I am trying to clear out search suggestions in our plugin. 

I went to Suggestion Dictonary, cleared out options, force re-indexed and am still seeing the search suggestions appear as I type. 

For example, if you hit enter when you have manuals, it corrects itself as "materials" - I want to prevent this from happening. 

The URL of store in question is

Thanks in advance!

Dear Connor,

Except manually added suggestions which can be managed in the Suggestions section in the Searchanise control panel, Searchanise also displays automatically generated suggestions. They can be managed in the Search suggestions area in the Content tab in the instant search widget section in the Searchanise control panel. In order to disable suggestions we disabled Suggest automatically generated terms and Suggest single words check boxes in the Search suggestions area in the Content tab in the instant search widget section in the Searchanise control panel.

Please check it.

Thank you.

Hi Alexey,

Thanks for getting back to me, that did the trick. Thanks for helping out. 

I did have one other question - does the Searchanise plugin search/index by content as well? Or is it just by page title/product title? 

Do you have any tips on optimizing content for the plugin?

Description and some other fields are also indexed by Searchanise. You can find more info and some tips on optimizing search in the following article:

Login or Signup to post a comment