Start a new topic

Search only in tag value

Hi there,

I need to be able to search only by tag values, is that possible? I've looked into restrictBy but it doesn't seem to react. 

Is it possible to target specific product fields like tag or product type?

Thanks

Hi Mickey,

Please let us know what platform is used in your store. Also pay attention that Searchanise API is currently closed and support is available only for Enterprise subscribers.

Thank you.

Hi Alexay,

It's the Smart Search & Instant Search app for Shopify. IF possible I would like to target some searches to a tag value 

Dear Mickey

You can display specific product in the top of search results when specific search phrase is used. Please refer to the following article for more information:

https://help.searchanise.com/support/solutions/articles/11000035391-product-merchandising

If you mean something else, please clarify it in more detail.

Thank you.

Nto exactly what I'm thinking off. What I mean is that the website has a search which includes some suggestions that can be clicked. Like the user could click "Mirror" to trigger a search. This search should only include products that has a tag matching "Mirror". If the product.description has "mirror" in it but no tag "Mirror" exists the product should not be included. So like shopifys own search where you can specify q=tag:Mirror then it search tags only

Dear Mickey,

You can disable all product fields except for Tags on the Preferences > Products fields page of your Searchanise control panel so only tags will be used for search.

I hope this information will help you.

Login or Signup to post a comment