Searchanise supports 5 types of product merchandising:
- No — no promotion, the product is shown as it is in the search.
- Always — the product is always at the top of search results no matter what the buyer typed.
- On Match — the product will be at the top of the list if it’s included in the search results.
- Keywords — the product will be at the top for particular keywords typed in the search box.
- Last — the product will be at the end of the list if it’s included in the search results.
To configure your product promotions, go to the Merchandising tab in the Searchanise control panel. Here are your current merchandising rules.
Find the necessary products using filters.
Change the product ranking in the search results by choosing one of the promotion options. By default, all the products have No options that mean no promotions. Don't forget to click Save changes!
Note: The “Keywords” option implies using keywords. This merchandising rule won’t work without them.
Let's make our product “Hill’s Canine Vetessentials Adult” to be always on the first place in the search results widgets by selecting the Always option for it. Then we need to click Save changes and wait while the store is re-indexed with the new merchandising rule.
After the indexation is complete, we go to the storefront and try to enter any phrase in the search box. The first product in the search results is “Hill’s Canine Vetessentials Adult”.