If you'd like to add a recommendation widget to some specific part of the page, you may find it more convenient to insert the widget code right to the theme file. Here is how you can do it.
1. Choose a location on your storefront where you want to place the widget.
Please note that the Similar products widget works only for product pages.
2. Go to the Online store -> Themes section of your store and click Actions -> Edit code.
3. Choose a theme liquid file where the widget should be displayed. (For example, we chose collection pages)
4. Copy the widget code from the Recommendations section of the Searchanise admin panel. For this create a new widget or click Edit for the appropriate widget.
5. Paste the code to the necessary file.
Please do not forget to click Save changes.
6. Check the changes on the strofront. You'll see that the new block appeared on the chosen page.