There are times when you want some of your collections to have a particular order for merchandising purposes. However, our Filters on collections feature allows setting default sorting for all collections at once. Here is when the Manual sorting option comes in handy. This option allows you to apply the manual collection sorting that you've adjusted for your collections in Shopify (the Manually sorting option of a collection).
Setting up Manual Sorting
Note You have to prepare your collections and set up manual sorting that you like in the Shopify admin panel preliminary. This feature doesn't work with the sorting options other than Manually.
To set up manual collection sorting in the Filters on collections widget as you've set it up in the Shopify admin panel, follow these steps:
- Go to the Smart Search & Filter control panel > Filters on collections section > Manual sorting tab.
- Click the + button in the top-right corner.
- Select collections with manual sorting.
- Click the Add collections and close button.
- Click the link in the notification at the top or click the Force re-indexation button in the Dashboard section to start re-indexation.
That's it. After the indexation is complete, the default manual sorting for the collections will be applied, and it will be displayed in the storefront in the collection sorting list as Featured.
Other collections which are not added to the Manual sorting tab will have the default sorting selected in the Default sorting setting in the Filters on collections section > Settings tab.