By default, the Smart search & filter app doesn't index products that have the SEARCHANISE_IGNORE tag. Therefore, if you add this tag to some products in your Shopify admin, such products won't appear in the search results.
To add the “SEARCHANISE_IGNORE” tag to a product, follow these steps:
Note The SEARCHANISE_IGNORE tag is used to hide products from search by default. Before adding the tag to a product, make sure that the tags weren't changed in Smart search & filter control panel > Preferences section > Products tab > General section > Hide products with these tags field.
- Go to the Shopify admin panel > Products > All products.
- Click the product's name to edit it.
- Enter the “SEARCHANISE_IGNORE” value in the TAGS field.
- Save changes.
That's all. The changes will be indexed in the app within about 10 minutes.
What's more, you can. To do it, follow these steps:
- Go to Smart search & filter control panel > Preferences section > Products tab > General section.
- Enter tags separated by commas in the Hide products with these tags field.
- Apply changes.
- Click the Force re-indexation button to start re-indexation.
After the indexation is complete, you can go to your storefront and make sure that products with the specified tags don't appear in the search results.